Friday, June 20, 2014

My Faves of the Week

Whoa... it's been more than a year since I last posted, yet I think about it often. How can that be?! I think it's time for a fresh start.

Writing/blogging is just like working out - attempting to start where you left off will be tough... slowly weasel your way back in to the groove - which is how I will start. Just a "quicky". 

Being an internet marketer, I am constantly reading about new trends, services, etc. While I have a really great Pinterest board bookmarking my favorite articles, some of things I read, especially articles that effect both my work and personal life, need to be called out.

Week of June 16, 2014
10 Habits of Happy Couples
I would definitely consider my boyfriend and I to be a very happy couple, but we all find it tough to remember to compliment the small things. See #5. Focus more on what your partner does right more than what he or she does wrong. So true! And my second favorite was to hug when we get home from work. I can't think of a single day a hug after work wouldn't be the best part of my day :)

Ted Talk: How to start a movement
After watching the top 5 Ted Talks a Marketer should watch, I found this talk to be the most memorable. It's very short, 3 minutes!
Derek Sivers says, a leader needs the guts to stand out and be ridiculed. I think we can all agree with that. Mostly they just don't give a damn...! But after that leader gets their first follower, the leader treats the new follower as an equal - it becomes about "them" and not just the leader. Then the follower invites more friends and it grows to a crowd. Interesting to think that the first follower is just as important as the leader....

Check these two out and let me know what you think!

No comments: