Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TED Talks and Finding Your "Enough"

Recently, I have been working out my mind a lot more than my body. Between the new job and every other two weeks of alone time while the boyfriend is away at work, I can't get enough... (hard to explain.. but from the demographic of my readers -- you have felt it) Just enough... 


That comment was one of the reasons I left my last marketing account manager position. And yet, here I am, feeling like there is too much out there that I want and need to know. I try to fulfill this void by being a book schizo. Seriously. I will be reading "Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders" to "Truth and Beauty" to Harry Potter books to "Rework" all in one week. (Book recommendations blog coming soon.)

And then, last week at work, my company showed a "TED Talk." WTH is that...? Maybe I have been living under a rock, since everyone I have shared this with has heard of them, but this is my answer. Ideas worth spreading... insight, knowledge on all subjects, experiences, culture, you name it. Empowerment.




"As of May 2013, over 1,500 talks are available free online. By January 2009 they had been viewed 50 million times. In June 2011, the viewing figure stood at more than 500 million, and on Tuesday November 13, 2012, TED Talks had been watched one billion times worldwide, reflecting a still growing global audience." (Source: Wikipedia)

On the TED Talk website, there is a "New to TED? | 11 Classic Talks". I encourage you to join me in listening to these. My personal favorite so far "Malcolm Gladwell: Choice, happiness and spaghetti sauce." He's an incredible storyteller. 


With this wealth of knowledge at my fingertips, podcasts, and iPhone anywhere, I guess I don't have an excuse to not exercise my mind and my body... at the same time now :) I think I found a solution for my daily "enough." 

I would love feedback. What fulfills you? If you are a TED Talker, what's a talk that inspired you?


Until my next insomnia episode,
BabblingBrooke

No comments: