Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Babbling Brook(e)s

I chose the name BabblingBrooke for my blog about two years ago. It was one of those "AH HA!" moments. While I have been in the process of "branding" myself as BabblingBrooke, I am far from where I saw myself being two years ago. Unfortunately, just finding the name of the blog doesn't actually write the blog. :)

Let's breakdown the name, BabblingBrooke.

Babble:


To utter sounds imperfectly... not really what I was going for unless I am a bottle of wine deep...
To talk excessively... this is a little closer to my original idea.

Brooke:

Sir James... Also not what I was going for, but it is my name...!

After reactively researching the literal meaning, I found an excerpt in the book I'm reading, The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.

It reads:
Two Basic Personality Types: Dead Sea and Babbling Brook
The Babbling Brook: For this personality, whatever enters into the eye gate, or the ear gate, comes out the mouth gate. And there are seldom 60 seconds between them. Whatever they see, whatever they hear, they tell. In fact, if no one is at home, they will call someone else. “Do you know what I saw? Do you know what I heard?” They have no reservoir.

Nailed it. I'm an active participant in my life and I tend to over share. I'm an intelligent, driven, type-A personality with a LOT to say. You all are here by choice, my mother can't say the same when I am calling every other hour to share a story. I appreciate your participation and readership. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I love typing to the world. wide. web.!

No comments: